Have High Winds Damaged Your Home? Here’s What You Need to Know about Inspecting It.
If we had to pick a word to describe the weather in Southern Ontario yesterday, the one top of mind for most of us would be windy. In communities from Oakville to Niagara and everywhere in between, gusts hit almost 100km/h at times and took down trees, large signs, and even whole homes.
As you spend time cleaning up after a wind event like what we experienced yesterday, make sure you take the time to check up on your home’s exterior elements to identify potential problems and nip them in the bud before they cause bigger headaches and hassles down the road.
What to Do if Your Home Has Been Damaged by High Winds
If you find that your home has been harmed by high winds, get in touch with an experienced contractor so the damage can be assessed and repaired promptly.
Home insurance in Ontario typically covers wind-related damages, though you should always check the details of your specific policy to confirm. We are happy to help you in providing assistance navigating the claims process.
How High Winds Can Damage Your Home
The Effects on Siding
When it comes to your siding, the problems excessive winds are typically responsible for include cracks, chips, and dents caused by debris like branches and garbage cans blowing around and crashing into the side of your home. Winds that are strong enough can rip siding off of a home, though this is a far rarer occurrence.
The Effects on Eavestroughs
Eavestroughs can be damaged in high winds either by the force and pressure of the winds themselves (whether they’re just loosened or completely blown off) or by objects being thrown into them, causing them to become dented or warped.
The Effects on Windows
Like with siding, the issue with windows tends to be objects colliding with them and cracking or shattering them. Depending on the condition of your window and extent of the damage, you will likely need to look into a window replacement or even a full-frame replacement.
If your home has been affected by an adverse weather event, contact Quality Exteriors today. We are committed to providing the highest quality home improvement services to restore your home to all of its glory and keep it protected for years to come.
Like this? You might also like:
- Why Quality Siding Is a Good Investment in Your Home
- 10 Signs Your Home’s Siding Needs Replacing
- 6 Problems Caused by Not Maintaining Your Vinyl Siding
- How Quality Installs Doors [Video] - July 10, 2018
- Have High Winds Damaged Your Home? Here’s What You Need to Know about Inspecting It. - April 5, 2018
- Your Guide to Budgeting for New Siding - April 4, 2018
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2017
- 4 Tips to Prepare Your Home for This Year’s Wild Winter Weather - December 12, 2017
- 5 Reasons Celect® Cellular Composite Siding Is the Right Choice for Your Home - October 24, 2017
- Quality Exteriors Now Installs Celect® Cellular Composite Siding! - October 12, 2017
- Your 5 Step Guide to Choosing New Windows - September 13, 2017
- 4 Signs Your Vinyl Siding Might Be Taking on Water - August 17, 2017
- 3 Tips to Help You Budget for Your Next Exterior Home Renovation Project - July 12, 2017