Siding Replacement Services
Your siding does more than simply cover your home’s exterior. It gives your house personality and charm, enhances its curb appeal, and keeps out natural elements.
To make sure you choose the right siding, work with trusted, professional contractors who can show you all the options available for siding replacements and repairs, help guide you through the decision-making process, and provide expert installation services so you get the most out of your siding for years to come.
Large Selection of Styles
We offer a range of siding types, colours, and more including vinyl, wood, Celect® Cellular Composite, and fiber cement to suit your individual needs and aesthetic preferences.
The siding we provide comes with long manufacturers’ warranties (from 25 years to a lifetime), and we back the installation with a 5 year warranty on our workmanship.
We specialize in providing quality exteriors of the highest caliber, and that doesn’t happen by accident. We work hard to earn your trust and ensure that you are completely satisfied.
Types of Siding We Install
Choosing the Right Siding for Your Home
When choosing siding, think about:
- Taking Inspiration from Your Home: Consider your home’s style, so you can find siding to match. If your house has any dividing beams or additions, you might also be able to blend styles (board and batten in one section, shake-style siding in another).
- Looking at Other Homes in Your Neighbourhood: Every street has its own charm whether strikingly modern, simply classic, or a blend of different styles.
- Ultimately, you need to keep your own preferences in mind and choose the siding that you like best, as it’s something you will enjoy for years to come.
Siding is often your home’s first line of defence against the elements and wear and tear, which is why it has to be ready to stand up to the challenge.
If your area is particularly prone to excessive rains or high winds, your siding needs to be suited to handle these conditions. If you have young children who like to spend time playing outside (with hard hockey pucks perhaps), you might also want to favour dent-resistant siding options.
The energy efficiency of materials like siding is measured in R-Values. The higher the R-value, the better the thermal insulation will be. Wood and Celect® Cellular Composite Siding have some of the highest R-values.
Keep in mind, however, that to make your home truly energy efficient and effectively control its temperature (staying cool in the summer and warm in the winter), you need to have the right exterior wall insulation. We recommend replacing exterior wall insulation only when siding is being replaced. Putting insulation in walls when you’re not replacing siding means drilling through outside siding or inside plaster or drywall, leaving behind mess and unappealing holes. Reinsulating exterior walls while redoing your siding will help your home look and perform its best.
The type of siding you choose will also be dictated to varying degrees by your budget. Vinyl siding is typically the most cost-effective type of siding available, while wood has the highest price tag. Remember, though, that the initial purchase price doesn’t always tell the full story. Investing in quality siding from the start can help you avoid troublesome maintenance costs and headaches down the road.
Also, financing might be an option. If it’s not available through your home contractor, there might be other avenues available to you like a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC).
Each type of siding comes with its own maintenance needs, though some are workloads are lighter than others. Vinyl siding, for example, usually only needs to be washed down and inspected once per year. By comparison, wood siding should be inspected annually and needs to be repainted every three to seven years.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to view regular upkeep as downside. If you look forward to changing up your home’s look every few years, siding that needs to be repainted might be for you! It’s about understanding what you’re looking for in your siding and finding options to match.
Is your current home your forever home, or do you plan on moving in the near future? Installing new siding can increase your property value and make it appealing for buyers.
Most Common Questions Answered by Our Siding Contractors
Do I need to do anything to prepare my home to have my siding replaced?
Before our contractors arrive, there are a few things you can do to prepare for your siding installation or repair:
- Remove any small lawn decorations or solar lights. Siding installers can put larger items aside safely and return them after the installation.
- Clear space in the driveway for the crew to unload material and set up the equipment necessary for installation. The crew will pack up at the end of the day, but materials will remain onsite.
- If you have pets in the house and they tend to be nervous with loud noises or strangers, homeowners might consider boarding them stay with friends, family, or neighbours or boarding them for the week. There will be noise from pneumatic nailers and compressors as well as from the removal and installation of the material itself.
- Trimming hedges or tree branches and clearing debris from your yard will provide our crews with safe working environments and speed up the installation process.
How long will the project take?
In the majority of cases, you can expect the process to take 5-7 days for siding and 2-3 days for painting (if required). Keep in mind, however, that this will vary on a home-by-home basis and will be affected by factors outside of your contractor’s control like the weather (rains, winds, snow, temperatures, etc.).
When will contractors be working on my home?
Our siding contractors typically start their day around 7:00am and end it around 6:00pm during the week. Should we need to work alternate hours or be present on the weekend, we will discuss that with you in advance.
How much siding will crews take off and replace in a day?
Our general rule of thumb is to only remove as much siding as we can replace with a weather barrier that same day so we don’t leave your home unnecessarily exposed to the elements.
If I have landscaping, will the work on my siding affect it?
Our contractors work as carefully as possible to prevent harming any existing landscaping. That being said, we do recommend that you take measures to protect any sensitive plants, pieces, or areas (remove delicate planters, tie back important plants, etc.).
What will the cleanup process be like?
Our crews will tidy the area on a daily basis and will do a complete clean when the job is complete.
Vinyl siding is one of the most popular types of siding in North America and is a great option for any home:
- Vinyl siding is dent and water resistant, forming a tough barrier to protect your siding against impacts and prevent water from seeping in.
- The products we use are manufactured with the colour going all the way through the material so they don’t chip, peel, or show scratches, eliminating the need for time-consuming scraping and repainting. They are also coated in special low-gloss finishes that keep your colour looking vibrant for many years to come.
- We offer horizontal as well as board and batten vinyl siding, so you can choose the style suited to your aesthetic preferences and your home.
Wood siding can give your home a distinct and natural look—a time-tested aesthetic many homeowners look for:
- Houses with wood siding benefit from the natural beauty of the material, which can be customized to reflect a variety of different aesthetic styles. With the right maintenance (painting, staining, etc.), wood siding will make your house look classic and timeless.
- It’s also biodegradable and made from renewable natural materials, making wood siding an environmentally-friendly siding option.
- Wood siding is a natural insulator, which means that your home will be more energy efficient as you cool and heat it throughout the seasons.
Celect® Cellular Composite Siding
Celect® cellular composite siding is one of the newest types available, but it’s already making its mark:
- This upscale siding gives you the sought-after appearance of real woodand is available in over a dozen colours.
- The interlocking joints keep moisture out, while virtually eliminating seams means no buckling, shifting, or warping.
- Celect® cellular composite siding requires little to no upkeep(no scrubbing, repainting, re-caulking) and is resistant to mold, rot, and deterioration.
- It’s highly energy efficient, with R-values almost twice as high compared to wood and fiber cement.