When to Request an Estimate for Exterior Work
Exterior work on your home has the power to increase your home’s value, better protect it against the elements, and boost its curb appeal at the same time. A set of new windows, new doors, or new siding could be the perfect way to make your home feel new again—or repair whatever damage it sustained in the last passing storm.
But for many homeowners, the process of contacting contractors, gathering estimates, and researching the project is both stressful and time-consuming. So, when is the right time to request an estimate for exterior work, and how should you go about it?
How to See a Free Consultation/Estimate
First, understand that most home exterior specialists, including Quality Exteriors, are more than willing to provide a free consultation and a free estimate, with no obligation. Generally, that means a specialist (or multiple specialists) will come to your home, evaluate your current situation, talk with you about your options, and provide you with an estimate. From there, it’s your choice whether you want to move forward with this contractor’s proposal.
In other words, this is a completely risk-free assessment. If you have even a passing interest in working on the exterior of your home, there’s no risk or downside that should stop you from contacting someone. All you’ll sign up for is information, which you can then use to make your final decision.
The Problems With Waiting
There are two main problems with waiting to get a roofing quote, window quote, or other exterior quote:
- Damage extent. First, if you’re thinking of upgrading or working on your exterior because there’s something wrong with your current setup, waiting longer is likely going to result in more damage to your home. For example, if your roof is damaged (or completely gone), your home will be much more vulnerable to water damage, which can cost you thousands of dollars on top of initial repair costs. The sooner you act, the less likely you’ll have to deal with these extra problems.
- Contractor volume. Trustworthy, prolific contractors tend to have busy schedules; they’re constantly in demand and jumping from project to project. Obviously, you’ll want to work with a trustworthy contractor, so the longer you wait to contact them, the further behind you’ll get on their schedule. Depending on how busy they are, it could be a few weeks before they’re able to come out to provide you with a free consultation, and it could be several weeks after that before they can work on your project.
So, when is the best time to reach out for an estimate on your exterior repairs or upgrades? As soon as you know you’re interested. The quicker you reach out, the better.
If you’re ready to start getting estimates for your external work, contact us for a free consultation today! We’ll take a look at your home, review your project, and come up with a custom quote—so you can decide how you want to move forward.
At Quality Exteriors, we are committed to providing the highest quality siding (including vinyl, fiber cement, and wood). Contact us today to schedule your free in-home estimate!
Visit our siding gallery to see our quality workmanship.
Serving homeowners in St. Catharines, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
Can You Cover Existing Exteriors with New Sliding?
Tips for Eliminating Window Condensation
Your Guide to Budgeting for New Sliding
- When to Request an Estimate for Exterior Work - February 26, 2020
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors - December 18, 2019
- Quality Exteriors Listed In Top 3 Window Companies In St. Catharines - December 5, 2019