Why Quality Siding Is a Good Investment in Your Home
Did you know that your home’s curb appeal can have a big impact on your home’s value? Don’t underestimate the value of exterior elements like siding, windows, and doors! They can make a real difference in both your enjoyment of your home and your home’s value.
They also make an important first impression on potential buyers, if you are selling your home.
Beautiful siding can boost your home’s resale value, while siding in disrepair can seriously bring down your home’s price and turn off buyers. Homebuyers usually don’t want a home that looks like it isn’t well-maintained. In many cases, it’s better to spend your renovation money on structural issues rather than adding luxuries.
In fact, the 2015 Remodeling Cost vs. Value report gives an average of 80.7% costs recouped for vinyl siding replacements. This has increased from 78.2% last year! A vinyl siding replacement is the fourth best home improvement project on the list for midrange homes. For upscale projects, fiber-cement siding replacement is in the #1 spot with an 84.3% average cost recouped! Or if you are considering foam-backed vinyl siding, the average is 77.6%.
Although these are US national averages, we can apply the trends at home here in southern Ontario. Siding replacements are a smart investment where you can expect to see a great return on the expense of the job.
Even if you’re not planning on selling anytime soon, a siding replacement can substantially bring down your cooling and heating costs throughout the year. After all, newer siding tends to be better insulated.
If your siding is looking worse for wear, it may be time to undergo a new siding installation. An experienced siding contractor should be able to tell you whether your home needs a siding replacement or just some repairs.
>> Quality Exterior Systems are experts in siding replacements and repairs, with many styles and materials for you to choose from. Schedule your free in-home consultation now!
Serving homeowners in Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- Do You Know How to Properly Maintain Your Siding? [Infographic]
- Checklist of Questions to Ask when Choosing a Home Contractor
- Can Three Men Hang from Your Eavestrough? [Video]
- Can You Cover Existing Exteriors with New Siding? - June 9, 2019
- 3 Common Wintertime Problems Homeowners Have with Their Windows - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors - December 19, 2018
- Tired of Tiger Stripes on Your Eavestroughs? Learn How to Get Rid of Them and Keep Them Away for Good - October 17, 2018
- Tips for Eliminating Window Condensation - August 31, 2018
- How Quality Installs Doors [Video] - July 10, 2018
- Have High Winds Damaged Your Home? Here’s What You Need to Know about Inspecting It. - April 5, 2018
- Your Guide to Budgeting for New Siding - April 4, 2018
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2017
- 4 Tips to Prepare Your Home for This Year’s Wild Winter Weather - December 12, 2017