6 Benefits of Choosing Aluminum Soffits and Fascia for Your Home
If you’re looking to replace your soffits and fascia, you’ll find yourself faced with a variety of options including wood and vinyl. Have you considered aluminum? Aluminum soffits and fascia are a popular choice renowned for their ease of installation, durability, and curb appeal.
We’ve put together a list of six benefits of choosing aluminum soffits and fascia to help you make your decision:
1. Aluminum Soffits and Fascia are Easy to Install
Aluminum soffits and fascia can be installed in a range of environmental conditions – including cold weather. Aluminum is a relatively soft, malleable metal, which makes it:
- Able to be adjusted to fit into sharp, tight spaces like attics or gable ends.
- A superior choice for homes with significant rake changes, as aluminum soffits and fascia produce a more air-tight seal.
To help aluminum soffits and fascia perform their best, it’s important they be installed properly by an experienced home contractor. If nailed too tightly to supporting boards, they can bow or ripple as they expand and contract with temperature changes.
2. Aluminum Soffits and Fascia Require Less Maintenance
Low maintenance is one of the best things about choosing aluminum soffits and fascia. You’ll never have to repaint because the colour is baked in, which means the finish won’t flake, peel, warp, or rot – unlike painted wood. Once installed, aluminum soffits and fascia can protect your home from water damage for 15 to 20 years.
3. Aluminum Soffits and Fascia Deter Animals from Getting Into Your Home
Animals like squirrels, raccoons, and bats are experts at exploiting weak spots in your soffits and fascia to get into your home. Squirrels are more than capable of fitting through holes with diameters as small as 3.8cm, while bats can make it through gaps smaller than 1cm! Aluminum soffits and fascia are not only more durable than wood, but they’re also more difficult for animals to chew through – keeping your home better protected from pests.
4. Boost Your Home’s Aesthetic Appeal with Aluminum Soffits and Fascia
Aluminum soffits and fascia are available in a range of colours – including white, green, red, black, and many more in between – letting you find the one that best suits your home. They’re also available in a range of styles including plain, smooth, or ribbed.
5. Keep Your Home Comfortable and Protected with Aluminum Soffits and Fascia
Aluminum soffits and fascia offer a range of benefits for homeowners including:
- Providing Maximum Ventilation: Proper ventilation ensures good air circulation in your attic. This reduces the build-up of moisture and condensation to minimize risks for rot.
- Reducing Energy Consumption: Decent air circulation is necessary for moderating the temperature inside your attic, which makes your heating and cooling systems run more efficiently and diminishes ice formation during the winter.
- Keeping You Safe from Fire: Aluminum is non-combustible, which means it won’t burn. Some building codes even require structures to be fitted with aluminum soffits and fascia for maximum protection.
6. Aluminum Soffits and Fascia are Environmentally Friendly
- Aluminum is 100% recyclable, which means it can be easily converted into new aluminum products without compromising quality.
- Using recycled aluminum reduces water pollution by 97% and air pollution by 95%, minimizing the creation of toxic substances like sulfur dioxide (SO2), carbon dioxide (CO2), and nitrous oxide.
- Minimal maintenance requirements mean paint and other maintenance substances don’t need to enter the waste stream.
Quality Exteriors works with leading suppliers like Gentek, providing homeowners throughout Southern Ontario with high-quality, trusted aluminum soffits and fascia. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home estimate!
Like this? You might also like:
- Are Your Eavestroughs to Blame for Your Leaky Basement?
- Keep Eavestroughs Clear All Year with Alu-Rex’s Gutter Protection Systems [Video]
- Why Quality Siding Is a Good Investment in Your Home
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2017
- 4 Tips to Prepare Your Home for This Year’s Wild Winter Weather - December 12, 2017
- 5 Reasons Celect® Cellular Composite Siding Is the Right Choice for Your Home - October 24, 2017
- Quality Exteriors Now Installs Celect® Cellular Composite Siding! - October 12, 2017
- Your 5 Step Guide to Choosing New Windows - September 13, 2017
- 4 Signs Your Vinyl Siding Might Be Taking on Water - August 17, 2017
- 3 Tips to Help You Budget for Your Next Exterior Home Renovation Project - July 12, 2017
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Outdated Windows? - March 15, 2017
- Protect Your Eavestroughs All Winter Long with Alu-Rex [Video] - March 3, 2017
- The 3 Most Common Problems that Affect Your Siding in the Winter - February 13, 2017