Do You Know Your Rights when Signing with a Contractor in Ontario? [Video]
When you’re hiring a contractor, whether it’s for a kitchen renovation, window replacement, or roof replacement, you should know your rights as an Ontario consumer.
Although most contractors are honest, hard workers, there will always be the ‘fly by nighters’ who give us all a bad name. Homeowners, like you, shouldn’t have to worry about being scammed.
That’s why we’re sharing this video from Consumer Protection Ontario, which goes over some key points about your rights as a consumer and how to protect yourself when hiring a contractor.
Check out the video below!
Always double-check the contractor’s reputation. Look them up on the Better Business Bureau, see if they’re on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services’ “Consumer Beware List”, read reviews, and even call some previous customers.
Check out our A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
If you do your due diligence before signing a contract or paying any money, you’ll keep yourself safe from scams, poor workmanship, liability costs, and more.
>> Quality Exteriors is happy to provide homeowners with any documentation they need. We also offer a 5 year workmanship warranty on our work. Request a free estimate now.
Serving homeowners in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are Your Home’s Windows Outdated? What You Need to Know about Full Frame Window Replacements
- Top 5 Benefits of Low Maintenance Decks
- When to Request an Estimate for Exterior Work - February 26, 2020
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors - December 18, 2019
- Quality Exteriors Listed In Top 3 Window Companies In St. Catharines - December 5, 2019