Do You Know Your Rights when Signing with a Contractor in Ontario? [Video]
Although most contractors are honest, hard workers, there will always be the ‘fly by nighters’ who give us all a bad name. Homeowners, like you, shouldn’t have to worry about being scammed.
That’s why we’re sharing this video from Consumer Protection Ontario, which goes over some key points about your rights as a consumer and how to protect yourself when hiring a contractor.
Check out the video below!
Always double-check the contractor’s reputation. Look them up on the Better Business Bureau, see if they’re on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services’ “Consumer Beware List”, read reviews, and even call some previous customers.
If you do your due diligence before signing a contract or paying any money, you’ll keep yourself safe from scams, poor workmanship, liability costs, and more.
>> Quality Exterior Systems is happy to provide homeowners with any documentation they need. We also offer a 5 year workmanship warranty on our work. Request a free estimate now.
Serving homeowners in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are Your Home’s Windows Outdated? What You Need to Know about Full Frame Window Replacements
- Top 5 Benefits of Low Maintenance Decks
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors - December 18, 2019
- Quality Exterior Systems Listed In Top 3 Window Companies In St. Catharines - December 5, 2019
- Can You Cover Existing Exteriors with New Siding? - June 9, 2019
- 3 Common Wintertime Problems Homeowners Have with Their Windows - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors - December 19, 2018
- Tired of Tiger Stripes on Your Eavestroughs? Learn How to Get Rid of Them and Keep Them Away for Good - October 17, 2018
- Tips for Eliminating Window Condensation - August 31, 2018
- How Quality Installs Doors [Video] - July 10, 2018
- Have High Winds Damaged Your Home? Here’s What You Need to Know about Inspecting It. - April 5, 2018
- Your Guide to Budgeting for New Siding - April 4, 2018