Do You Know Your Rights when Signing with a Contractor in Ontario? [Video]
Although most contractors are honest, hard workers, there will always be the ‘fly by nighters’ who give us all a bad name. Homeowners, like you, shouldn’t have to worry about being scammed.
That’s why we’re sharing this video from Consumer Protection Ontario, which goes over some key points about your rights as a consumer and how to protect yourself when hiring a contractor.
Check out the video below!
Always double-check the contractor’s reputation. Look them up on the Better Business Bureau, see if they’re on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services’ “Consumer Beware List”, read reviews, and even call some previous customers.
If you do your due diligence before signing a contract or paying any money, you’ll keep yourself safe from scams, poor workmanship, liability costs, and more.
>> Quality Exterior Systems is happy to provide homeowners with any documentation they need. We also offer a 5 year workmanship warranty on our work. Request a free estimate now.
Serving homeowners in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are Your Home’s Windows Outdated? What You Need to Know about Full Frame Window Replacements
- Top 5 Benefits of Low Maintenance Decks
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2017
- 4 Tips to Prepare Your Home for This Year’s Wild Winter Weather - December 12, 2017
- 5 Reasons Celect® Cellular Composite Siding Is the Right Choice for Your Home - October 24, 2017
- Quality Exteriors Now Installs Celect® Cellular Composite Siding! - October 12, 2017
- Your 5 Step Guide to Choosing New Windows - September 13, 2017
- 4 Signs Your Vinyl Siding Might Be Taking on Water - August 17, 2017
- 3 Tips to Help You Budget for Your Next Exterior Home Renovation Project - July 12, 2017
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Outdated Windows? - March 15, 2017
- Protect Your Eavestroughs All Winter Long with Alu-Rex [Video] - March 3, 2017
- The 3 Most Common Problems that Affect Your Siding in the Winter - February 13, 2017