Checklist of Questions to Ask when Choosing a Home Contractor
In our last post, we provided a list of tips to help homeowners avoid getting scammed and choose the best home contractor for their needs.
As we discussed, it’s important for homeowners to thoroughly vet any home contractor they’re considering working with. You want to find a trustworthy, experienced contractor who will perform excellent workmanship in your home using high quality materials.
To complement the tips in our last blog, here’s a list of important questions to ask a contractor before signing on with them:
Key Questions to Ask Potential Contractors
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of work do you have expertise in?
- Have you done work similar to this job? How many similar projects have you worked on?
- Can I see your licenses?
- Are you covered by workers compensation and do you have liability insurance?
- How will you handle unexpected issues that could potentially arise during the project (e.g. asbestos during a siding replacement)
- Why is your price lower/higher than other estimates I have received?
- Are garbage disposal and site clean-up included in this estimate?
- Can I speak to some of your recent customers to ask them about their experiences?
- Can you give me a timeline on the work?
- Do you have any guarantees or warranties on workmanship and/or materials?
- How will you protect my property/belongings/etc?
With these questions in hand, you should be able to confidently choose a home contractor who will do a good job and help you achieve your vision for your home.
>> At Quality Exteriors, we pride ourselves on high quality workmanship, reliability, and great customer service. We offer a 5 year warranty on our work. Get in touch with us today for a free in-home consultation or to discuss your next home project.
Serving homeowners in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara.
Like this? You might also like: