How Safe Is Your Deck? [Video]
May is Deck Safety Month, created by the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA) to inform homeowners of the dangers decks can pose when not properly maintained.
NADRA’s deck safety video highlights the importance of deck inspections, along with some images common deck hazards – for example, the rotting that can happen in older decks under the surface. The video is from 2012, but all of the issues it raises are still relevant today:
If you know your deck is safe, you’ll be able to fully enjoy your backyard and deck with family and friends! As summer gets into swing this year, don’t forget to Check Your Deck®.
>> Our decking experts design and build custom decks for Ontario homeowners. Contact us to set up a deck inspection of your current deck or an in-home consultation for a new deck!
Serving homeowners in Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- Top 5 Benefits of a Low Maintenance Deck
- Are Your Home’s Windows Outdated? What You Need to Know about Full Frame Window Replacements
- Can New Windows Really Save You Money?
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Outdated Windows? - March 15, 2017
- Protect Your Eavestroughs All Winter Long with Alu-Rex [Video] - March 3, 2017
- The 3 Most Common Problems that Affect Your Siding in the Winter - February 13, 2017
- How You Can Stay Warm with Winter-Ready Windows - January 31, 2017
- 3 Ways Ice Buildups Can Damage Your Eavestroughs - January 17, 2017
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2016
- Winter Is Coming: 5 Tips to Prepare Your Home - December 5, 2016
- 4 Reasons You Should Install Eavestrough Protection this Fall - November 8, 2016
- 3 Must-Read Tips for Cleaning Your Eavestroughs This Fall - October 26, 2016
- 5 Tips for Comparing Siding Estimates - September 28, 2016