Do You Know Your Rights when Signing with a Contractor in Ontario? [Video]
Although most contractors are honest, hard workers, there will always be the ‘fly by nighters’ who give us all a bad name. Homeowners, like you, shouldn’t have to worry about being scammed.
That’s why we’re sharing this video from Consumer Protection Ontario, which goes over some key points about your rights as a consumer and how to protect yourself when hiring a contractor.
Check out the video below!
Always double-check the contractor’s reputation. Look them up on the Better Business Bureau, see if they’re on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services’ “Consumer Beware List”, read reviews, and even call some previous customers.
If you do your due diligence before signing a contract or paying any money, you’ll keep yourself safe from scams, poor workmanship, liability costs, and more.
>> Quality Exterior Systems is happy to provide homeowners with any documentation they need. We also offer a 5 year workmanship warranty on our work. Request a free estimate now.
Serving homeowners in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are Your Home’s Windows Outdated? What You Need to Know about Full Frame Window Replacements
- Top 5 Benefits of Low Maintenance Decks
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Outdated Windows? - March 15, 2017
- Protect Your Eavestroughs All Winter Long with Alu-Rex [Video] - March 3, 2017
- The 3 Most Common Problems that Affect Your Siding in the Winter - February 13, 2017
- How You Can Stay Warm with Winter-Ready Windows - January 31, 2017
- 3 Ways Ice Buildups Can Damage Your Eavestroughs - January 17, 2017
- Merry Christmas from Quality Exteriors! - December 21, 2016
- Winter Is Coming: 5 Tips to Prepare Your Home - December 5, 2016
- 4 Reasons You Should Install Eavestrough Protection this Fall - November 8, 2016
- 3 Must-Read Tips for Cleaning Your Eavestroughs This Fall - October 26, 2016
- 5 Tips for Comparing Siding Estimates - September 28, 2016